Fullstack Node/React Developer 💻
Belgium, Kortrijk (HQ)
A little bit about Edgard & Cooper
Once upon a time, our founders wanted to feed their dogs - Edgard and Cooper – pet food they could feel good about. The kind of food that was as good for the planet as it was for their pets. But they couldn’t find anything that was quite right. So….to cut a long story short, they decided to make their own!
Today, 5 years later, Edgard & Cooper has sold over 10 million bags of food, hired over 150 people across Europe and made lots and lots of dogs & cats (and their owners) feel good!
A little bit about us
We call ourselves 'the pack' because we stick together. That means we’re a bunch of nature-loving, animal-adoring, purpose-driven pals! Working here means working in an international and supportive team in which everyone has a voice. We’re big fans of curiosity and learning on the job, and we love people who take the initiative.
So if you want to join a fast-growing team that’s REALLY making a 'pawsitive’ difference, you’ve come to right place!
What type of breed are we looking for? 🐕
You’ll work with the digital product squad on the entire tech stack of the e-commerce solution (frontend, middleware, backend).
What will be in your bowl? 🥗
- You help develop our various internet-facing JAMstack applications (React.js Contentful CMS, Shopify Plus).
- You help migrate our legacy tech stack towards a Node.js based serverless (microservices / MACH) architecture.
- You work together with the team on optimal DevOps processes that increase quality (code reviews, automated CI/CD processes, ...).
What skills & tricks should you bring? 🤹
- You have a good foundation in developing Node.js based applications.
- You have experience with Amazon AWS (Lambda, Step Functions, ...) or Microsoft Azure (Service Bus, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, ...) for developing integration services
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience
- You are familiar with the JAMstack / MACH architecture approach.
- Experience with analysis and architecture is considered an asset!
Our platform is evolving from a monolithic approach (Shopify, Laravel middleware) to a more modern "best of breed" ecommerce headless architecture (JAMstack). Some of the technologies you will be using are:
- React.js and Next.js (Vercel)
- Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure (choice is still open for dicussion)
- Node.js based miroservices
- Contentful as headless content management system (CMS)
- Shopify Plus as headless commerce platform
What treats do we have for you? 🍦
- Flexible work from home 3/4 days policy
- Every day is bring your pet to work day
- Unlimited pet food for your furry friend whilst you are with us
Ideal start date: Yesterday
Equal opportunities: We believe the strength of a pack comes from its diversity. So no matter who you are, where you come from, what you believe in or what your dreams are, we welcome you and look forward to receiving your application.
Accessibility: Our HQ office and satellite sites are wheelchair accessible