Sales Lead UK 📈
Our mission 🚀
In 2016, our founders wanted to feed their dogs - named Edgard and Cooper - pet food they could feel good about. The kind of food that was as good for the planet as it was for their pets. But when they couldn't find this, they decided to make their own. Now, 6 years later, our pack has 200 employees and we are beyond proud to be part of the B Corp movement.
Want to find out more about us? Click HERE
What type of breed are we looking for? 🐕
Are you looking for your next move? Do you want to take responsibility for heading up sales in the UK&IE market, joining a rapidly growing business that is leading the way in premium pet foods?
We are on the hunt for a Sales Lead that will lead on all elements of the Edgard & Cooper commercial strategy pawprint, delivering the sales objectives, whilst inputting into the commercial arm of our product development and category management. You will report into our Pack Lead for Developing Markets and work closely with cross-functional teams, and in particular with the UK&IE Marketing Lead to develop and deliver disruptive trade marketing strategies to grow the brand in the UK&IE and achieve our growth plans.
What will be in your bowl? 🥗
- Managing key strategic accounts & locking JBPs (Specialty, Garden and Grocery)
- Manage and develop our field sales team and providing on-going training (sales pitching)
- Working closely with the Marketing Lead to deliver campaign planning
- Effective management and reporting on the Sales P&L, ensuring budgets are met, investment is kept in line whilst making ongoing recommendations to drive additional growth
- Take full responsibility for business development, attaining new clients
- Working with the Marketing Lead to deliver best in class trade marketing to create retail shine and drive sales growth and brand love
- Make recommendations to purchase the right data and insights to ensure that Edgard & Cooper has a compelling category story to deliver to retailers
- Working closely with the Operations Team to build robust forecasting processes to ensure an effective long term supply chain strategy
What skills & tricks should you bring? 🤹
- 4+ years of solid experience of performance marketing in the FMCG world ideally across channels.
- You have knowledge of the UK retail landscape and proven sales strategies
- You have proven leadership and management experience to build the best in class sales teams, lead by example and create a ‘can do’ sales culture
- You have the ability to build solid relationships with customers through exceptional influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience of managing full Sales P&Ls and proven ability to deliver on budget
- You are hands-on, and a strategic thinker, with a strong commercial mindset
- An ethical approach to all you do.
- And last but not least, you’ll be a genuine pet lover!
Not sure if you tick all the boxes but our role truly excites you? Don’t let our job description hold you back, get applying!
Our benefits 🎁
- 💸 Competitive package inclusive of:
- Gross Car Allowance
- Company phone + subscription, laptop + accessories
- Pension plan
- 🌱 Certified B Corp Employer with supportive policies and practices to ensure we are one happy pack
- 🏔Company retreats to meet each other in person
- 👩💻 Flexibility to work from home
- 🐾 Pets at work so everyday is bring your pet to work day
- 🧆Unlimited Pet food for your furry friend whilst you are with us
- 🌟Volunteer Leave to contribute to a cause we believe in.
- 🧠Wellbeing program access to qualified counselling
- 🍿 Team activities (appreciation days, wellbeing days, pawesome team buildings, Friday drinks, cat yoga and many more! )
- 🔋 Learning opportunities in a truly international environment that will give you extensive responsibility but also guidance as you need it.
Hiring Process 🕵️♀️
- 📞 Phone screening (30mins)
- 🎯 Competency based interview (45mins)
✅ Case study (60mins)
Ideal start date: What are your plans tomorrow?
Equal opportunities 🌈
We believe the strength of a pack comes from its diversity. So no matter who you are, where you come from, what you believe in or what your dreams are, we welcome you and look forward to receiving your application.
If your circumstances require any special arrangements at any stage of our interview process, please let us know.
We're looking forward to hearing from you.